--Artwork added to previous announcement for the 2-Disc Special Edition--
| WHAT: |
| Gone With the Wind (2-Disc 70th Anniversary Special Edition) |
Retail: $24.98, Our: $19.99
| WHAT: |
| Gone With the Wind (5-Disc 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) |
Retail: $69.92, Our: $54.99
| WHAT: |
| Gone With the Wind (Blu-Ray) 2-Disc 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition |
Retail: $84.99, Our: $64.99
Known about for some time, Warner has officially announced a November 17th release date for three different releases of Gone With the Wind - 70th Anniversary Edition. Prices are above with all the bonus features and premiums below.
Both the SD and BD Ultimate Collector's Editions will be available for rent and purchase, while the 2-disc SD Special Edition, which has the same content as discs 1 and 2 in the U.C.E., will only be available to buy.
Contains the movie over 2 discs with commentary by historian Rudy Behlmer
Gone With the Wind (5-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition) & Gone With the Wind (Blu-Ray) 2-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition
Includes the first two discs in the 2-disc S.E. as well as the following:
DISC 3 (About the Movie):
- "The Making of a Legend: Gone With The Wind" the 1989 documentary made by Selznick's sons.
- "Restoring a Legend" - An in-depth look at the restoration.
- Dixie Hails "Gone with the Wind". Footage from 1939 Atlanta and 1961 Civil War Centennial Atlanta premieres.
- Historical theatrical short "The Old South" (1940) directed by Fred Zinnerman.
- Atlanta Civil War Centennial 1961 premiere newsreel
- International prologue
- Foreign language version sample scenes
- Theatrical Trailers
DISC 4 (About the Cast):
- Three Documentaries:
- "Melanie Remembers: Olivia de Havilland Recalls Gone With The Wind"
- "Clark Gable: A King Remembered"
- "Vivien Leigh: Scarlett and Beyond"
- The Supporting Players - Cameo portraits of an unforgettable ensemble
- At Tara
- The O’Hara Plantation in Georgia
- Thomas Mitchell as Gerald O’Hara
- Barbara O’Neill as Ellen, his wife
- Their Daughters
- Evelyn Keyes as Suellen
- Ann Rutherford as Carreen
- The House Servants
- Hattie McDaniel as Mammy
- Oscar Polk as Pork
- Butterfly McQueen as Prissy
- At Twelve Oaks
- Leslie Howard as Ashley Wilkes
- Rand Brooks as Charles Hamilton, her brother
- Carroll Nye as Frank Kennedy, a guest
- In Atlanta
- Laura Hope Crews as Aunt Pittypat Hamilton
- Eddie Anderson as Uncle Peter, her coachman
- Harry Davenport as Dr. Meade
- Jane Darwell as Mrs. Merriwether
- Ona Munson as Belle Watling
- Cammie King as Bonnie Blue Butler
- At Tara
- Warner Bros. Home Entertainment presents 1939: Hollywood's Greatest Year – New documentary about Hollywood’s watershed year narrated by Kenneth Branagh
- Gone with the Wind: The Legend Lives On -- Exploring the legacy of the most beloved film through illuminating interviews, footage and visits to historical sites, events and museums
- Moviola: The Scarlett O'Hara Wars 1980 WBTV Special never before on home video
Plus these Premiums
- 20-page reproduction of the original and complete 1939 Souvenir Program
- 40-page Production History Book with photos and production notes
- Eight Frameable 5x7 Art Prints
- CD soundtrack sampler featuring eight tracks
- Main Title
- The Barbecue
- Escape From Atlanta
- I'll Never Be Hungry Again!
- Paddock Scene 5:27
- Scarlett In The Mist/Rhett Leaves
- The 2-disc Blu-Ray release will have all the content above on 2 discs
- Exclusive to the Blu-Ray Ultimate Collector’s Edtion: MGM: When The Lion Roars Documentary
NOTE: The bonus features on discs 3 and 4 of the U.C.E. are identical to those on the previous 4-disc release. However, this new release has a fifth disc with all new bonus features and new premiums to go along with a spectacular new transfer.