--Artwork added to previous announcement--
| Buck Rogers (70th Anniversary Edition) (1939)
Retail: $29.99, Our: $19.99
VCI has set a November 3rd release date for Buck Rogers (70th Anniversary Edition). The newly restored and remastered release is expected to be a 2-disc set.
Special features are listed below. It will retail for $29.99, but is available at ClassicFlix.com for only $19.99.
Preserved in a state of suspended animation for 500 years by the Nirvano gas in the gondola of their dirigible wrecked in the arctic ice wastes, Buck Rogers (Buster Crabbe) and Buddy (Jackie Moran) are rescued by scientists in the year 2500 to find the world under the despotic rule of Killer Kane (Anthony Warde) and his super gangsters.
Using an arsenal of fantastic weapons created in Dr. Huer's (C. Montague Shaw) clandestine laboratory, the group attempts to seek aid from the planet Saturn to oust the tyrannical ruler only to find that his henchmen have already taken over control of the Prince of Saturn. After several harrowing adventures with the Zugg men, Buck and Buddy return to Earth only to be shot down, imprisoned and finally rescued to participate in a spectacular air battle to wrest control of the Universe from the sinister intergalactic despot.
Digitally restored and remastered from the original 35mm negative.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Photo Gallery
- Liner Notes by author Hank Davis
- “The History of Buck Rogers” by Clifford Weimer
- Rare 1933 Buck Rogers short
- Buster Crabbe The All-American Hero (movie clips and highlights from Buster’s hollywood career - the only actor who played Tarzan, Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers -- the top three comic strip heroes of the 1930s)
- Buck Rogers - 80th Anniversary Panel Discussion from the 2009 San Diego Comic Con