| The Great Dictator |
Retail $29.95, Our: $23.99
| WHAT: |
| The Great Dictator (Blu-Ray) |
Retail $39.95, Our: $31.99
More Chaplin is on the way from Criterion as they have announced The Great Dictator in both standard & Blu-Ray for release on May 24th.
The SD release will be a 2-disc set, while the Blu-Ray will be a single disc. Bonus features are below.
- New audio commentary by Charlie Chaplin historians Dan Kamin and Hooman Mehran
- The Tramp and the Dictator (2001), a documentary narrated by filmmaker Kenneth Branagh and featuring interviews with author Ray Bradbury, director Sidney Lumet, historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr., screenwriter Budd Schulberg, and a host of others
- Two new visual essays, by Chaplin archivist Cecilia Cenciarelli and Chaplin biographer Jeffrey Vance
- On-set, color production footage shot by Chaplin’s half-brother, Sydney
- Deleted scene from Chaplin’s 1919 film Sunnyside
- Theatrical trailer
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film critic Michael Wood and a 1940 article by Chaplin on the film