| The Killing / Killer's Kiss - Criterion Collection |
Retail $29.95, Our: $23.99
| WHAT: |
| The Killing / Killer's Kiss (Blu-Ray) - Criterion Collection |
Retail $39.95, Our: $31.99
More MGM properties are coming from Criterion as they have announced Stanley Kubrick's heist thriller The Killing (1956) in both standard & Blu-Ray for release on August 16th.
Included in the 2-disc standard release and the single disc Blu-Ray, will be 1955's Killer's Kiss. Details below.
Stanley Kubrick’s account of an ambitious racetrack robbery is one of Hollywood’s tautest, twistiest noirs. Aided by a radically time-shuffling narrative, razor-sharp dialogue from pulp novelist Jim Thompson, and a phenomenal cast of character actors, including Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Timothy Carey, and Elisha Cook Jr., The Killing is both a jaunty thriller and a cold-blooded punch to the gut. And with its precise tracking shots and gratifying sense of irony, it’s Kubrick to the core.
Includes a restored transfer of Stanley Kubrick’s 1955 noir feature Killer’s Kiss.
- New video interview with producer James B. Harris
- Excerpts of interviews with actor Sterling Hayden from the French television series Cinéma cinémas
- New video interview with film scholar Robert Polito about writer Jim Thompson and his work on The Killing
- New video appreciation of Killer’s Kiss with film critic Geoffrey O’Brien
- Theatrical trailers
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film historian Haden Guest and a reprinted interview with Marie Windsor on The Killing