Last decade, Image released many episodes of the series in various "best of" sets or single disc releases that have long gone out of print. The content here probably isn't anything new, but this release showcases the series well and, when we can get some in stock, only retails for $29.99.
Additionally, while not pristine, the prints look very good for this ground-breaking crime-drama series. Details below.
Gritty and realistic, Naked City is one of television's best police dramas.
Filmed on the streets of New York City, this ever-popular series puts a human face on crime, going beyond a simplistic portrayal of good vs. evil to delve into the complex personal dramas of the people involved. Filled with swift-moving action, the stories are often violent and tragic, but also contain their share of humor, absurdity and even fairy tale romance.
Paul Burke stars as Detective Adam Flint, the young, handsome detective who manages to hold on to his ideals, and Horace McMahon is his crusty older boss, Lt. Mike Parker. Because of the critically acclaimed series' outstanding reputation, the series attracted many top film and television actors for its guest-starring roles.
- A Death of Princes
- Debt of Honor
- The Man Who Bit a Diamond in Half
- Murder Is a Face I Know
- A Hole in the City
- Button in the Haystack
- Shoes for Vinnie Winford
- Vengeance Is a Wheel
- New York to L.A.
- The Hot Minerva
- The Night the Saints Lost Their Halos
- A Case Study of Two Savages
- The Fingers of Henry Tourelle
- Which Is Joseph Creely?
- Requiem for a Sunday Afternoon
- Ooftus Goofus
- The Face of the Enemy
- The Contract
- Let Me Die Before I Wake
- To Walk Like a Lion
- Prime of Life
- The One Marked Hot Gives Cold
- Hold for Gloria Christmas
- A Horse Has a Big Head - Let Him Worry!
- Portrait of a Painter
- Don't Knock it 'Til You've Tried It
- Alive and Still a Second Lieutenant
- The Tragic Success of Alfred Tiloff
- Spectre of the Rose Street Gang
- Goodbye Mama, Hello Auntie Maud
- Torment Him Much and Hold Him Long
- Five Cranks for Winter...Ten Cranks for Spring
- The Virtues of Madame Douvay
- King Stanislaus and the Knights of the Round Stable
- Her Life in Moving Pictures
- Robin Hood and Clarence Darrow, They Went Out With the Bow and Arrow
- The S.S. American Dream
- One, Two, Three, Rita Rakahowski
- Golden Lads and Girls
- Barefoot on a Bed of Coals