| Bing Crosby - The Television Specials, Vol. 1 |
Retail: $29.98, Our: $21.99
Infinity Entertainment has announced a May 25th release date for Bing Crosby - The Television Specials, Vol. 1.
Authorized by the Crosby estate, this 2-disc set has four of Bing's 30 specials and is loaded with bonus features (below).
Guest stars include Bob Hope, Jack Benny, Peggy Lee, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Edie Adams, Gary Crosby, Dean Martin, Bernadette Peters and Flip Wilson.
Retail will be $29.98, but it's available at ClassicFlix.com for only $21.99.
From 1954 to 1977, beloved crooner Bing Crosby starred in 30 eagerly anticipated, highly rated television specials. Often the highlight of the entire season, the programs showcased him in the company of the top stars of the day.
Included in this premiere, two-disc collection are Bing’s debut special from Jan. 1954, featuring Jack Benny; the landmark Sept. 1959 show for Oldsmobile, with legends Peggy Lee, Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong; the May 1962 special, with long-time Road comedies co-star Bob Hope, Edie Adams, son Gary Crosby and the Smothers Brothers; and the April 1970 show, Cooling It, with Dean Martin, Bernadette Peters and Flip Wilson.
- The 1952 inspirational film Faith, Hope and Hogan, featuring Bing, Bob Hope and Phil Harris, from The Christophers television series
- Bing’s first color TV appearance from 1954 with golfer Jimmy Demaret
- A rare 1962 local TV interview from Hawaii
- A 1964 commercial for the Thermo-Fax copier
- A recently discovered 1967 Australian TV interview