| A Night to Remember (1958) |
Retail: $29.95, Our: $23.99
| WHAT: |
| A Night to Remember (Blu-Ray) (1958) |
Retail: $39.95, Our: $31.99
Released by Criterion in 1998 on standard DVD, A Night to Remember (1958) will be released on standard and Blu-Ray this March 27th.
The release, timed to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the Titanic disaster, includes bonus features (below) on the 2-disc SD set as well as the Blu release.
On April 14, 1912, just before midnight, the unsinkable Titanic struck an iceberg. In less than three hours, it had plunged to the bottom of the sea, taking with it more than 1,500 of its 2,200 passengers. In his unforgettable rendering of Walter Lord’s book of the same name, A Night to Remember, the acclaimed British director Roy Ward Baker depicts with sensitivity, awe, and a fine sense of tragedy the ship’s final hours.
Featuring remarkably restrained performances, A Night to Remember is cinema’s subtlest, finest dramatization of this monumental twentieth-century catastrophe.
- Audio Commentary by Don Lynch and Ken Marschall
- The Making of A Night to Remember, a 60 minute documentary featuring William MacQuilty's rare behind-the-scenes footage
- Archival interview with Titanic survivor Eva Hart
- En natt att minas - A forty-five-minute Swedish documentary from 1962 featuring interviews with Titanic survivors
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by film critic Michael Sragow